Tuesday, February 14, 2012

His Mercies Never Come to an End

Why is it that some evenings I have SO much energy that I can keep going till midnight, and then other evenings I feel like I can hardly function.  Tonight was one of those nights. 

I typically get off work around five and my evening is just a blur of getting things accomplished and spending time with the kids.  Tonight was NO exception. 

After leaving work, I thought I would save some time by stopping the the store to pick up the Valentine's Day treats for the next day, along with a few other treats for the kids and ingredients to make a special dinner and dessert.

Rushed home - the best I could with snow covered roads - to throw dinner together, greet my husband at the door as he came home from work, fed him dinner, caught up with him on how his day was only to say good bye to him as he left for Monday night training at the fire station. 

Finally I was able to focus on the kids, feed them dinner, talk to them about their day, go over their homework and assist them in getting their showers and everything together for school and Valentine's Day parties - this is when i realized I was ONE cookie short on treats for Victoria's class.  GRR!!!

While they showered I whipped up some brownies and some chocolate covered strawberries for dessert the next evening, packed 4 lunches for the next day, cleaned the kitchen up all while telling myself I needed to keep going - I was EXHAUSTED for some reason.  Making a mental note that I need to check on a couple of tax returns, that laundry needed to be changed and the dog needed dinner. :)

I read with Logan and finished our book so he could take an AR test on it, Victoria was reading in her room, tucked both of them in and said our prayers and good nights.

Now to accomplish changing the laundry and folding the two loads that needed to be taken care of, feed the dog and a couple of other things on my list.

FINALLY - workout time.  I made it through 20 minutes until I thought I was going to fall over from exhaustion! 

I really don't understand my body sometimes and why some days I feel like I'm dragging myself around. 

I am so thankful that normally our days are not that full, but when they are I have a husband who supports me, kids who love me and are always more than willing to help out, and a God who gives me the strength I need each day to accomplish what I need!


The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

 

No comments: