Monday, January 09, 2012

12 Days of Christmas

You know the drill, go to Facebook.com read all the status updates, comment on those that interest you and take a peek at new pictures that have been posted by family and friends.  Facebook can be a great way to keep up with all the different activities here and there...

BUT...sometimes, I find myself disappointed, speechless and amazed at what people post.

Gossip
Complaining
Stressing out over something so simple when others have nothing
Bragging
Rude and Hurtful Words
Taring Relationships apart

It gets to me, and I know that I have been one to do this also.  In no means am I saying this because I am perfect.  Ha!  I am far from perfect and know I have SO much to work on in my own life.

SO....I was so excited back in the beginning of December when one of my Facebook friends, Kelly, posted about this blog post 12 Days of Christmas . She encouraged us as wives to take this challenge on and to not get so caught up in the crazy schedules of Christmas, but instead, be an encouragement to our husbands.  WOW!  It grew like wildfire on Facebook.  There were over 100 ladies that joined our group.  It was a rather simple, but very meaningful "project" to do for our spouses.

I started compiling my list and kept changing it and coming up with new ideas.  Then my kids got in on it and wanted to help give to Daddy too!  As I told Kelly, IT WAS WORKING!!  They were excited about GIVING!! not getting.  Each morning Kevin would wake up to a special wrapped gift.  At first he didn't get it...but as each morning went by I could see something in his eye....he felt special and loved.  Again, IT WAS WORKING.  :)  He enjoyed the gifts, but I know that he enjoyed the time I spent coming up with ideas for him and making each gift mean something special.  It was funny because on day 12 I totally forgot to put his gift out, and he came walking down the hallway around lunch time, singing On the 12th day of Christmas my True Love gave to me!  LOL!!  :)  Just a gentle reminder to me that was all.

I am certain that this will be a tradition in our house for many Christmas' to come....a good tradition. A reminder to uplift and honor my husband for all he does for me and our children.

3 comments:

christy | brides to booties said...

I LOVED this! Wish I would have heard about it to have done this for John. I may have to do the 12 days of winter or something. :-)

Heather said...

You should!!! :) It is so much fun and SO rewarding!! i think the 12 days of Christmas should start with December 25th...so you are just a few days late! :)

Kelly Glupker said...

:)
We're redeeming facebook! :)