Friday, November 30, 2012

Love Them More Than Life Itself!!



Kevin and I took some time last weekend to do some shopping and run some errands while the kids just vegged at home.  While we were gone our conversations led to the kids and how time goes by so quickly.  We have been married for over 12 years.  Victoria is 10 and Logan just celebrated his 9th birthday.  I struggle with how quickly time flies by.  I tuck my kids in bed at night and just feel so grateful for all that we have become as a family.

In today's society, family means something totally different than it did 10 years ago.  It is so sad to hear my kids talk about some of their friends and the language they use and the way they speak to their teachers, parents and other adults. It breaks my heart. 

I am thankful for both of my children and that they each have tender hearts towards others.  Lets face it - growing up today CANNOT be easy.  Kids are mean and they don't care if they hurt others feelings.  It is all about "ME" and what "I" can do to look good in front of others.  It is also hard to go against the "flow" and be "different". 

This is something we are teaching both our children - and WOW!  is it difficult sometimes!  It is difficult to see the hurt in their eyes or the pain when they are made fun of for something. 

But at the same time, it is rewarding when I hear from teachers that our kids are a blessing to have in their classrooms.  They love their positive attitudes and their willingness to always want to help others.

No, my kids are far from perfect, but I am going to continue to bring them up in a God honoring home that shows love,  not hate.  That gives hugs, not a cold shoulder.  That encourages, not tares down.  That prays together and uses Godly examples, not putting religion on the back burner.


I LOVE these pictures of the kids and I.  It was Thanksgiving morning before we headed out to have lunch with Kevin.  They both wanted a picture with me - I was SHOCKED!! :)  I love them dearly and pray daily for each of them to continue to make choices that will honor God and bring joy to each of their lives.

Thank you, Lord, for their lives and for their attitudes. Help me to grow and continue to look to You for strength and direction in leading my family.

No comments: