Monday, March 05, 2012

It's GREEN!!!

 We have a new love in our house and they are G R E E N!!!
A few weeks ago I told the kids that I was going to make them a sweet treat for after dinner.  They weren't allowed in the kitchen till I had blended it all up.  I then put each "treat" in colored cups with a lid and straw.  They each took a sip - Victoria LOVED it and Logan, lets just say he isn't a fan of the banana tast....neither one of them realized it was green till they saw my glass!!

"Why is it green, Mom?"  "Did you add food coloring?"  I told them to guess what I put in it and gave them a few hints....they couldn't believe it when I told them it was SPINACH!!!

They are now a favorite around our household, and of course we have to put them in fancy glasses.  They just taste better!!!

:)  We just couldn't resist sending some pictures to daddy!  Love her smiled and her dimples!!

 2 cups of leafy green spinach
1 cup of milk
1 banana
1/2 cup of OJ
flax seed
blend on high
add ice and blend some more...

....and enjoy!!!

There are lots of ways to make green monsters, this is how we are making ours this week.

I am so thankful that my kids are up to trying new things and are not afraid of their green veggies. 

Since December we have changed up our eating habits for the good.  For the most part we have always had three good meals a day, but since we changed up our diets we are incorporating LOTS more veggies, whole grains, no processed foods and less sweets.  The kids are pretty much used to it - and to say we are all feeling more energized and healthy is to say the least.

I feel better as a wife and mama knowing I am giving my kids the nutrition they need and encouraging them to make the right choices. 

So here is to more Green Monsters!!! :)

No comments: