Thursday, March 16, 2006

Finally....

We have been having some problems with our internet connection. Last Saturday night we had some really bad storms go through Illinois. Well, our house got hit by lightening and we think it took out our Wireless box for internet. So after getting a new box, we are finally back up and running!!!

So......

When I started blogging a little over 4 months ago, I never realized how fun it would be. I also never realized how many people I would “run” into. I have found that it has even changed some things in my life. In my prayer journal I have added a “blogger” page. Every time I read about a prayer request or praise, I add it to my journal.

This past week we had the privilege to take our youth group to Northland! When ever we go up to NBBC, there are always new faces, but at the same time there are always faces that you recognize. Here are a few people that we were able to “catch” up with:

We visited with:
Heston & Kelli Frey, he is the soccer coach for the girls team and she is the secretary of Graduate Studies. He is also my brother. They had our youth group over to their new house so we could have a pizza party! Thanks!!!

Tara McClain, she and I were able to have coffee at the Daily Grind. I found out that she is leaving NBBC after being there for 7 years! WOW! She is such a dedicated person! If you are ever in Rockford, Tara, just stop by.

Jason & Cari Gerdt, they have three wonderful children. We weren’t able to spend that much time with them this visit to NBBC, but whenever we get together, there is always plenty to talk and laugh about. They get to move to the Duplexes this coming week. We really wish we were there to help you! Have a great time setteling in.

Mr & Mrs. Gerdt, the teens and I sat in on one of the Lights practices. We also learned that they are leaving NBBC this year!! Which is so bittersweet for them. Mr. Gerdt is going to be a music pastor in Colorado! We will be praying that you sell your house soon!

Bret & Debbie Habing, we didn’t get to spend to much time with them. Their two little ones were sick so we could only visit with them between classes. Maybe next time we will spend more time together and get to meet your children.

TJ & Holly, I didn’t know them. Kevin grew up with them when he lived in Wisconsin. TJ gave our group “THE tour” around campus!

Jenny Morrison, I didn’t even recognize her! She is so grown up! She stopped by our lunch table to say HI! I also can’t believe how much you look like your sister!

Joe Hairgrove, he and Kevin talked about old times. His society was cooking the Saturday Brunch. We didn’t get to stick around for that but we would have loved to taste it that is for sure.

Pastor and Mrs. Chaney were in the dining hall one day for lunch while we were their. We were able to catch up with them for a little while. She had some very encouraging words for me. I think I would have liked her for a Dean

One night we were able to hang out with the teens in the Rec Hall. Emma and Calvin Gerdt were there with us. Emma got a hold of my camera...I think we have a future photographer here....GREAT PICS EMMA!!!


Calvin Gerdt, I think he just turned 7 years old!! I remember when he was born.

Emma Gerdt...she is 3 years old and such a cutie!

Here are some other pics that Emma took of the teens in ourYouth Group that came with us as Perspective Students......






We had a great time with the teens and visiting with all of our old friends! Thanks everyone for everything!

3 comments:

S said...

Glad your trip went so well. My last trip up there was bittersweet, b/c I don't know when I'll be there again..on the other hand, I will enjoy when my parents move to a new place and I'll get to visit with them all to myself! I too have enjoyed getting reaquainted with where everyone is in life through blogging. Stephen teases me about it. What a great bond in Christ we have!

Kelli said...

Sis, tell those kids that they ate all our cookies! Honestly, 2 packs in one night!! but they are teenagers, and they will not gain a thing. I am glad you all had a good time. tell the kids from your group "hello".
-Heston

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast! I agree, it's always a little sad to me when I go back to visit nbbc and it's not the way I remember it. Joel and Carrie have 3 kiddos?!? Wow, that makes me feel old. Goodness, I can't imagine a nbbc chapel session with Mr. Barry Gerdt leading the singing!

Like you and Shannon, blogging has been a huge blessing in my life. Since I don't know too many gals out here in Ohio, my blogging pals are a great encouragement to me.