Friday, April 27, 2012

Victoria Joy Watson

This coming August I will have a TEN year old!  How can that be and where did 10 years go???


Wasn't it just yesterday that I was strapping you into your car seat for the very first time?  And now, you feel so "old" as you tell me because you ride in the front seat with me? :)


Or, what about bottles, juice cups and helping you feed yourself?  Now you are making dinners, setting the table and working with me in the kitchen!


Wasn't it just yesterday that I was rocking your to sleep and tucking you into your crib?  Now you have your own routine of showering, blow drying your hair and heading to bed on your own!

Wasn't it just yesterday that I walked you into preschool with a book bag and lunchbox as big as you?  Now, you are finishing up your 4th grade year and getting so excited about starting your LAST year in ELEMENTARY school?!?!  How can this be?


Wasn't it just yesterday that you were asking me to read you a Dr. Seuss books - but now you are all about reading chapter books till late at night.


Wasn't it just yesterday that I thought I had plenty of time till we had to talk about all that grown up "stuff" - then why are you asking me what abortions are and is it bad to be called gay?  Even at 10 years old - I could use a few more years to prepare myself.

If I could freeze time I would - I love it that my daughter calls me after school just to say,  "I love you, Mom" and that she still feels she can come to me about everything.  I find myself telling her that I love to hear about her day - and always will, no matter how old she is.

Victoria is
Kind
Sensitive
Loving
Has a heart that Loves God
Giving
Gracious
Cares about Others
Has a contagious smile
Bubbly
and the list could go on.....

So, Victoria as you continue to grow and continue to learn more about life - know that I love you and that I am so proud of all you want to do in your life!!!

I am proud that you are my daughter and that you love life just as much as I do!!!  I have been truly blessed by God to be called Mom by you every single day. 





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this :) -Melissa

Heather said...

Melissa - hold on to that baby girl! Time goes by WAY to quickly!!! :)