Tuesday, September 20, 2011

School Daze..............

School started almost 4 weeks ago!!  I couldn't believe how fast the summer went, but when I think how fast the last four weeks have gone by I am even more shocked! 

This year Victoria is in the FOURTH grade!  I can't believe it.  She was able to move up with the same teacher that she had last year and she was so excited -  he is one of the best teachers I think in the elementary and Victoria learns so well under his direction.

I remember Victoria's first day of preschool - 6 years ago.  She was walking in with a bookbag as big as her and with a lunch box that she carefully picked out.  This year, we are doing away with your traditional bookbag and using one of MY bags as her "bookbag".  :)  She is growing up way to fast!  Her favorite subjects are probably spelling and reading.  And this year she is IMPROVING in her math.  It is all those hours we have spend on flash cards the past month.  I am so proud of her!


Logan is in the SECOND grade this year and adjusting very well.  He is a mama's boy and usually unsure about himself and his surroundings.  The past month though we have been working on a positive attitude and ways to be postive about yourself.   He is doing great!  We are so proud of him.  He has a WONDERFUL teacher this year too!  All summer long we prayed together that he would be placed in a great class...and he has been!  His teacher is a great leader and takes charge of her class room with out going out of control.  Logans favorite subject is math, but he is coming along great in reading and spelling....we spend time each night reading and reading some more!! 

I remember when I was a little girl, sitting next to my dad as he read Little House on the Prairie. :)  While I am sure Logan would not be a fan of Little House on the Prarie, they both LOVE Charlottes Web. (Which I am in the middle of reading to them now.)

This year we have been working one specific verse and applying it to our school work, house work and, well just about anything...

Do all things to the glory of God.  ALL things.  :) 

Tonight, Logan looked at me and said, "mom, don't you think we should learn a new verse?  I got that one memorized already."  lol....

No comments: