Friday, November 17, 2006

Just a Quick Note

When Kevin's Mom past away, we decided to give the gift of life and donate her organs. Over the past 2.5 years we have had the opportunity to be in contact with 3 out of the 5 recipients. This morning when I got to work, I opened my e-mail to read this...

Hello Heather,

I bet you are even more busy then normal with Thanksgiving around the corner. We are just going to my daughter's home in Oak Lawn for dinner.

An update on my health...It looks like I could be in chronic rejection. They are not sure. Some time has to pass to take more tests and compare results. My "numbers" were great in August. They dropped at November's check-up. I have another appointment in December.

Needless to say I am frightened and disappointed. I know you will be too.

This type of rejection in not reversible, but it can take a while to get really bad. Most lung transplant patients get it sooner or later so it is the cause for most deaths...eventually. No knows how each individual will handle it.

If you can please say a prayer for me. I will let you know how things progress. Maybe they will find the numbers up where they were before. (I HOPE!)


I am asking you to pray for her!! I will be responding back to her this afternoon and asking her to keep me up to date!! We were planning on Meeting her and it didn't work out...now Kevin thinks that it is more important to see her!! She not only received Ma's lungs, but she also received her heart!

Thank you all!!!

10 comments:

Jenny said...

I'll be praying, Heather!!

Kelly Glupker said...

I will keep this in prayer.

Troy & Sherry said...

heather -
your family and this family is in my thoughts and prayers....i loved mrs. watson and i can't even imagine how this kinda brings up hurts all over again....tell kevin i said hello!

Anonymous said...

Heather-
My husband is the one that recieved a kidney/pancreas from your mother-in-law. I try to check your blog every few weeks to see how you are all doing. I don't normally post but this one really hit close to home. We will definatly be praying for her and her family as we can relate to the trials of being a recipient. Getting a second chance at life is something you can not put into words and getting news like this is devestating to hear. Hopefully her numbers will improve.

Heather said...

Teri,

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog!! It is so good to hear from you! Since the start of my new job and my new e-mail address, I have lost touch with you! Kevin always asks me if I have heard from you...and I always tell him that it is my fault because I hadn't been able to get out your e-mail address.

Thanks again and I hope that Terry is still feeling well. We think of you ALL often and we know how much you all have been blessed at receiving the gift of life!!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!

Love and Prayers!

Jen said...

We will pray! What a way to make her memory live on and to give the blessing of life to others!

S said...

We'll be praying too! That's awesome.

Kelli said...

Wow, we will be praying for her! The Lord has prolonged her life this long and if it is His will, He can prolong it further. I will pray that you and Kevin can be an encouragement to her and her family. We will miss you guys over Thanksgiving!! Hope you have a great time!

the johnson crew said...

heather,
that is amazing that you were able to keep in touch with some of recipients. that is awesome.
we will be praying for her. thank you for posting that and letting us know.
kevin's mom was such a special lady... what an amazing gift she gave.

Jocelyn Pagano said...

Heather-I will be praying for this family. That is a neat way to bless other families!